|Season 4, Episode 3|
|Air date||October 15, 2006|
|Written by||Matt Fleckenstein|
|Directed by||Steve Hoefer|
Mindy Loves Josh
The Wedding is the third episode of the fourth season of Drake & Josh. It aired on October 15, 2006.
Drake and Josh are asked to deliver a cake to their very old Great Aunt Catherine's wedding, in hope that the family can get her beach house when she dies. But after Drake gives Craig and Eric Josh's laptop case with Josh's cell phone and the car keys, they use Trevor's broken car to try and get to the wedding on time.
Their car breaks down on a deserted road. When Drake tries to make it work, the car sucks Josh's jacket and rips it completely. Drake forgets the keys in the car. When they leave for a few minutes, two cops give them a ticket for parking in a prohibited area.
Some time after, Drake and Josh spot two guys, but they end up robbing them. Soon, a man appears to tow the car. However, Drake pokes fun at his name, "Leslie", and he leaves them. As they are able to fix the car, and Leslie broke the window, they can drive it, but it catches on fire burning the cake as well. They leave to the wedding, presumably not getting the beach house.
Josh: Hey! Hey, guess what I found in the trunk?
Drake: Fried chicken?
- Walter Nichols wasn't seen in this episode, although he was mentioned waiting in the car
- Trevor's car is a Chevrolet El Camino that was built in the 1970's.
- Josh mentions that Eric doesn't have a cellphone because Papa Nichols threw it against the wall and broke it, a reference to The Demonator.
- It's revealed by Josh that Craig's mother believes cell phones cause ear sores.
- Leslie the towtruck driver is played by actor E. E. Bell who played the recurring character Barney the Security Guard in the Amanda Show, another show Drake and Josh acted in before this series.
- The cop who lied about being married is played by Kevin Farley, who is the brother of the deceased stand up comedian Chris Farley.
- For the whole night, Drake and Josh were basically under a curse, meaning a multitude of bad events happened to them such as:
- Giving Josh's laptop case to Craig and Eric, which contained his cell phone, and the key to Audrey's SUV.
- Being stuck in the middle of nowhere when the engine malfunctions.
- Josh losing his jacket when Drake attempted to start the car.
- Getting locked out of Trevor's car.
- Josh being hit with a big rock on his foot.
- Just missing the police once they drove away.
- Recieving a parking ticket, while they were not in the presence of the police.
- Being mugged and pushed to the ground by two older men.
- An eagle defacating on Josh while flying by (this is shown in the closing credits).
- Finding a useless emergency kit.
- Punching or hitting each other in the eye.
- Leslie refusing to tow them to wedding after Drake insults him in regards to his name.
- And finally, the car catching on fire in the end, as well as the wedding cake getting burnt.
- Right after Leslie, the tow truck driver, breaks the window, Josh doesn't unlock the door so he can open it. Instead he just opens it, and it's already unlocked.
- Drake had a car, as revealed in Drake & Josh Go Hollywood, but they don't even try to use it. However, in My Dinner with Bobo, Drake said that he lost his car, but it's unknown whether this happened before or after this episode.
- When Drake talks about how he has to pee, Josh's hands are by his side. Then a camera view changes and Josh is playing with his watch.
- In this episode, Drake accidentally gives Josh's phone to Craig and Eric and Drake says he put his phone in a bowl of soup, causing it to break. In the last episode, Drake flushes Josh's cell phone down the toilet and Mrs. Hayfer's dog destroys Drake's cell phone. They must have gotten new phones after that.
- If Josh left his cell phone in his laptop case, why couldn't he call his cell phone from their house and tell Eric that he needs the keys that are in the case? It is possible Josh's cell phone was turned off, therefore a phone call could not be made.
- In the episode Movie Job, Drake doesn't seem to like ketchup on hot dogs. In this episode, he is seen about to put ketchup on a hot dog. He may have changed his mind about disliking it.
- After Leslie breaks the window and Drake says, "Well, we could've done THAT!" the camera zooms out and glass is on the floor. Later, when the camera zooms out again, the glass is suddenly gone.
- When Drake and Josh had to go to the bathroom, couldn't they have taken turns waiting by the car incase of any car jackers or just to wait for help?
- Closed-captions spell "Laguna Niguel" as "Laguna Nigel".
- Audrey asks Megan to zip up her dress from the back, but when she is talking to Drake it can be clearly seen that her dress had no zip.