|The Unaired Pilot|
|Season 1, Episode 0|
|Air date||Unaired (2001)|
|Written by||Dan Schneider|
|Directed by||Dan Schneider|
The Unaired Pilot is a 2001 pilot of Drake & Josh that never aired on Nickelodeon. The series later premiered in 2004.
This pilot followed the same plot as the official first episode which was known as "Pilot". It featured the same cast, but had actor Stephen Furst portraying Walter Nichols instead of Jonathan Goldstein. The living room set was also changed in the series. Drake had a different hairstyle instead of spiky hair in Season 1, and Josh's Ms. Nancy costume is very different. Clips from the original pilot were finally uploaded in 2017.
- Drake Parker
- Josh Nichols
- Walter Nichols
- Audrey Parker-Nichols
- Tiffany Margolis
- Karate Instructor
- Josh's dad is played by Stephen Furst in the pilot. In the final show, he is played by Jonathan Goldstein.
- The full pilot is on YouTube. However, it has been privatized. In 2017, clips from the Unaired Pilot were uploaded.
- The set of the living room is very different than in the actual show.
- The plot is similar to the aired pilot.
- The tennis ball clip from the first season opening was likely used here.
- Drake's hairstyle is different here than in the aired pilot.
- Some of the scenes in the official pilot are different, such as the basketball scene. In the aired version Walter catches the ball and spins it before accidentally throwing it at a lamp, whereas in this version, Drake throws the ball which hits Walter. Another instance is when Audrey and Walter go out for dinner in this version when Megan puts hot sauce in their dinner, whereas in the aired version, they don't go out and Walter calls Drake and Josh for dinner.