|The Gary Grill|
|Season 2, Episode 12|
|Air date||October 17, 2004|
|Written by||Anthony Del Broccolo|
|Directed by||Virgil Fabian|
Drew & Jerry
The Gary Grill is the twelfth episode of the second season of Drake & Josh. It aired on October 17, 2004.
Drake and Josh began selling Gary Coleman Grills (a parody of the George Foreman Grills) when they were approached by two sharp-dressed salesmen under the names "Buddy," and "Guy," who offer them the job of selling them as long as the salesmen are given a fraction of their profit.
Not only can these grills cook food in the same way a George Foreman grill would, but the grills are also equipped with the feature of playing digital audio. Selling the grills earns Drake and Josh a lot of money.
However, the FBI arrest Drake and Josh for selling stolen products--the grills, which were actually stolen by "Buddy and Guy", two wanted theives from the manufacturer--even though Drake and Josh try to explain to them that they didn't know they were stolen and that they haven't done anything wrong. While in jail, Drake and Josh call Megan, who helps them manipulate "Buddy and Guy" into telling the truth within audible range of the FBI, and as a result, the FBI arrest "Buddy and Guy" and Drake and Josh are released from jail, free to go by the FBI after the FBI finally discovered the truth. Gary Coleman then shows up later, and demands the profit Drake and Josh gained from having sold the grills.
Buddy: (as he and Guy are arrested) Guy?
Buddy: I've read about prison.
Buddy: It ain't fun!
- Gary Coleman guest starred as himself.
- The cold open of this episode breaks the fourth wall, with Drake and Josh noticing the changes in the design done by Megan. Then, when Megan pushes a button on the video effects box and causes Drake and Josh to look messed up and spin around, it heavily resembles a YouTube Poop.
- This is the first time Megan was in the opening. Second being Tree House.
- This was Richard Biggs' final television appearance, who has died on May 22, 2004, five months before this episode aired.
- The events of this episode were metioned in Steered Straight.
- When Drake & Josh get arrested at the premier look at when they are led away. One of Josh's cuffs are dangling opened when he should be fully cuffed. The same thing happens to Buddy when he and Guy get arrested.
- There is no cash on the floor after the cash fight.
- Even though Drake and Josh get to keep the chair, it is not seen in other episodes.
- When Drake and Josh are selling grills at school, everyone crowds around to get one and starts giving them money, but they never stated a price.
- When Drake and Josh get a phone call each, Drake dials 222-222-2222 and Josh dials 323-622-111, but they call the same phone.