|The Drake & Josh Inn|
|Season 3, Episode 1|
|Air date||April 2, 2005|
|Written by||Jake Farrow|
|Directed by||Adam Weissman|
Peruvian Puff Pepper
The Drake & Josh Inn is the first episode of the third season of Drake & Josh. It aired on April 2, 2005.
Audrey and Walter leave the house to go to Los Angeles for Spring Break, leaving Drake and Josh in charge of Megan. First they tried to order her around but then they decide to leave her alone after she threatens them. After Drake spends all of the $200, which was intended for food and emergencies, only on toys and other unnecessary items, they overhear that a wife and husband does not have a place to stay, so Drake decides to turn the house into a Bed and Breakfast hotel to earn money.
Though Josh initially disagrees, he agrees because they need money. Megan also agrees, but only if she is treated like a hotel guest. But things take a turn for the worse when Drake invites college students to stay, making the house with havoc and partying. Drake and Josh want them all to leave and counts on Megan for assistance. Helen visits the house, with a TV group, who are filming the party. Audrey and Walter see everything unfold at their hotel in Los Angeles. But they are unaware that this is their own house.
Megan's evil genius side helps everyone think that's there's a gas leak in the "hotel" and everybody leaves. In the end the police come and take Audrey and Walter away for they aren't allowed to have a TV party without permission.
Drake and Josh hop up from behind the couch and sit on either side of Megan, smiling
Drake: (sing-song voice) We're gonna be the boss of you
Josh: (also sing-song voice) And you have to do what we say
Drake: (sing-song voice) Ha ha!
Josh: (also sing-song voice) Ha-ha ha haa!
Megan: Okay, you, can't sing. You're a moron. And what are you talking about anyway?
Drake: We're talking about the fact that Mom and Dad are gonna be out of town all weekend.
Josh: Which means we are in charge of the house...
Drake: The refridgerator...
Josh: The TV set...
Drake: And, the you.
- This is the first episode to be filmed at Tribune Studios instead of Nickelodeon on Sunset.
- In this episode Drake bought a toy robot. This robot is later used in the Victorious episode, Jade Gets Crushed. Dan confirmed this via Twitter: "Who recognized Beck's red ROBOT from @Victorious tonight? It's the ACTUAL ROBOT I used in an episode of Drake & Josh 4 or 5 years ago!" It's from the episode "The Drake and Josh Inn".
- This is Season 3 takes place in Second and Current Generation.
- This is the first episode where Drake has a longer version of his bowl-cut from season 2.
- This is the first episode where Josh has lost weight.
- The hotel where Walter and Audrey are staying is called "The Four Schneiders", a reference to the series creator (Dan Schneider).
- This episode is similar to Family Ties episode, "4 RMs Ocn Vu", as both episodes contain a character allowing a couple to stay at their house after his parents leave for the weekend in order to make money, but it eventually leads to an extremely large amount of people staying there and the main characters need to get everyone out of the house when the parent(s) announce he/they is/are returning early.
- When Josh left the house to get Helen, he is wet. When he gets to the theater, he is dry. However, he may have dried.
- When Walter and Audrey are talking about the things that they saw on the TV in their hotel, they talk about some crazy lady singing R&B tunes. This was Helen, who is Josh's boss. Wouldn't have Josh's parents eventually see his boss before this and recognized her?
- When Megan realizes what her brothers have done they talk to her in the kitchen and she is yelling at the top of her lungs. Wouldn't the couple, who were dining at the table in the living room, have heard her? And if they had heard her, wouldn't they figure out this wasn't a real inn?
- Also, what happened to the couple after the college kids came in?
- When the kid belly flops into the pool, all the water splashes on Josh, instead of what should have logically splashed everywhere.
- While Josh is downstairs, you can hear "BELLY FLOP!" and a splash up in the top room. But when he is up there, not a single drop is outside of the pool.
- If the phone was in Josh's pants, it couldn't have rang if it was off the hook in the first place.
- Wouldn't their parents have heard them talking on the phone on the TV? And why didn't they see them walking around yelling at them all the other times?
- When Megan puts the gas in the A.C. vent, all the people upstairs before are gone.