|My Dinner with Bobo|
|Season 4, Episode 9|
|Air date||January 14, 2007|
|Written by||Arthur Gradstein|
|Directed by||Virgil Fabian|
My Dinner with Bobo is the ninth episode of the fourth season of Drake & Josh. It aired on January 14, 2007.
When Drake and Josh earn money to buy a car, they aren't able to agree on one they both like. Drake steals the money and uses it to buy an orangutan named Bobo from the car dealer. They eventually sell Bobo to a doctor he meets at The Premiere. Megan is suspicious and looks up the guy who they sold Bobo to, who happens to eat orangutans. Drake and Josh then go to the doctors house to return the money and get Bobo back. Unfortunately things don't go to plan and the doctor locks Drake and Josh in the closet. Megan then rescues the Orangutan to return to the car dealer but leaves Drake and Josh in the closet. Drake and Josh bought the car that Megan wanted since she helped Drake and Josh.
- Audrey Parker-Nichols didn't appear in this episode.
- This episode has aired in Portugal.
- Fancy Cat is a parody of Cat Fancy.
- Megan's computer has a pear logo on the back, which is also used on four other Nick shows created by Dan Schneider: Zoey 101, iCarly, Victorious, and Sam & Cat, is a parody of Apple Inc. (the original logo is an apple).
- The magic palace Josh refers to is a parody of a real place named the Magic Castle in Las Vegas. The palace is where magicians come to and perform shows.
- The title is an allusion to the 1981 film My Dinner with Andre starring Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory.
- This episode is similar to the Nickelodeon comedy Kenan and Kel episode "We are the Chimpions", in which the two adopts a Chimpanzee named "Charles".
- Drake said that it's $5 for a kiss, $10 for a photo, and $20 for a dance with Bobo. Drake is seen giving a customer a photo, which would be $10, he then gets $5 for a kiss when a girl asked for a kiss, and then, he gets $20 from Dr. Adrian G. Favershim. If you add this up, it is $35 and they had to have had $5 before that because 35 and 5 is 40 and since Helen asked for half of the money and Josh said that after a few hours' work, they only had $20 left and 40 divided by 2 is 20. It is highly unlikely that the boys would make seven eighths of their money in about a minute and make one eighth of their money in a few hours.
- When Megan is stomping to pretend to leave, you hear her stomping even after you see her stop stomping, meaning that this is just a sound effect.
- Drake took the extra money from Josh's 'special box' in their bedroom. But Drake couldn't have accessed it, because he just took the check and car keys from the key tree and went straight out the door. It's possible that Drake went back for the money after he left.
- Drake and Josh said that Walter promised both of them to use his car on the same night, and Walter agreed with them. But Walter never promised the car to Drake, all that Drake did was he told Walter where he was going then ate his burger.
- When Drake and Josh are doing their "10,000 dance" in the movie theater, a camera is clearly visible on the left of the screen.
- When Walter runs away to escape Drake and Josh from asking him about the car, he drops his burger on the table and runs away. When we see Drake and Josh again, the burger is reset on the plate Walter was using. This shows that the two scenes were filmed apart.
- When we first see Walter reading Fancy Cat magazine, there is a page that we can see the reverse side of. The page has multicolored items on it. Later when Walter is on the couch, you can see the multicolored items in the same spot on the same page. This reveals that he has not turned the page in the day or so that Drake and Josh were looking at cars.
- The $10,000 check that Drake and Josh received from selling Bobo (to Doctor Adiran Favisham) could have easily been retrieved. After Doctor Favisham was arrested, he left the check on the counter, next to Bobo's cage. Drake and Josh easily could have taken it with them and bought another car for themselves (other than Megan's Volkswagen Beetle). But that would just be mean, so instead they just exit without the money.